[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 22:50:38 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 16:29 -0700, Skyler wrote:
> I have my wireless router working as a proxy/asterisk system. Its not
> 100% done yet, config related stuff still lingering, works not so bad so
> far. I register voip phones or ata's locally and SIP trunk for my
> Voxnumber(s), also for inbound/outbound. It does callback & call-through
> for mobile, also SIP soft phone ability with local wifi or remote GPRS
> sip connection for mobile. voicemail, voicemail-to-email, fax2email are
> working but needs more testing.
>
>  Of course its still my wifi-N router for devices and PC's as well.
>
> is this the kind of thing you were thinking of?

That sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

So you have asterisk loaded on a wireless router ?  Linksys 54G by
chance ?

Which VOIP phones are you using ?

Which ATA are you using ?

How big is the system ? (number of lines, users, etc.)

How does a wireless router handle voicemail ?  Ie no hard drive, so
where does it store it ?  NAS ?

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.