[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice home phone system

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Aug 22 15:36:58 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for ideas for building a innovative, powerful home phone
> system.
>
> Something that does voicemail well, integrates cell phones into the
> house system, etc.
>
> I know there are a lot of details that need to be discussed, but lets
> leave it at that for now.
>
> What is everyone doing ?
>
> Thanks !

Asterisk maybe,

Do your homework before coming in and asking for someone to give you all the
options and answers, or go to the biz list and pay someone.....  "Let's
leave it at that for now", geez, talk about something for nothing.  Is there
anything else that  you need but don't want to pay (money or learning
curve)?

You will get a much better response if you have at least tried something.
For me, I would have built a system, decided what type of phones I wanted to
use, and define my scope of work or end result.  I would try hard to make it
all work, and then if I was stuck on something for over a day, trying
everything I could logically come up with or find on Google, I would post a
SPECIFIC question with all relevant facts.

Sounds like you should just buy something out of the box or hire a
consultant.  This one must be the new record for asking for something for
nothing.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

Forwarding to biz list