[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice home phone system

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Mon Aug 22 15:24:45 CDT 2011

On 08/22/2011 04:11 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:

I have a home and business system that just ties all the lines together
(combo of zaptel, and sip incoming at several locations), inbound
routing based on which line it came from. Was using a t1 card and
channel bank for extensions but migrated away from that to a mix of
multiline sip hardphones, sip softphones (touchscreens, as well as
clients on pcs and wifi on android phones), as well as good old analog
phones hooked up to SPA's (they are all in 2 central locations and just
use legacy phone wiring), got physical fax machines hooked to those as
well for outbound, inbound fax on all lines to iax softphone and
hylafax, even door phones on the spa's in immediate answer mode.

Second dial tone provider for ld on the physical lines all hidden by the
way dialing is done.
Conference rooms, speed dials, voicemail unified messaging.

Even have forwarding like :
- incoming call rings local phones and sip on wifi if its connected (to
android phone)
- call rolls over to call out another trunk and dial cellphone (hiding
this from inbound caller entirely)
- still no answer rolls back in to unified messaging voicemail so no
messages are ever left on cell phone and subscribing to vm not even
necessary.

 From my android handset any call I dial I can choose to use cellular or
sip to complete the call.

Works just fine, really have no major complaints about it. Use the
freepbx gui.