[asterisk-users] issue with the detection of the call status after sending it using Orginate (DAHDI/1/...., app, ...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 18 12:31:18 CDT 2011

On 08/18/2011 06:42 AM, Tahar .H wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> i hope that i will get some help about this issue,so my configuration is :
>
> X100P card ,with FXO port ,the problem is that when i send a call using
> Originate,every thing goes well but what i realy need is to know how can
> i detect the status of this channel till the called person hung up or
> pick up the phone or may be busy .so how can i know that
>
> those  dahdi show status and the like those not work for me cause it
> just give u information about if the call was dialed or not but after
> that u can't have an idea about if what the called person did(hung up or
> his phone is busy...)

On an analog telephony circuit, there is no reliable way to know what
the state of the call ('call progress') is, because such information is
only available by detecting and interpreting tones and other sounds on
the line after placing the call. Asterisk (in chan_dahdi) does have some
call progress detection support which you can enable, but it may be
anywhere from completely useless to only partially reliable for you,
depending on your specific situation (country, indication tone patterns,
provider, line quality, etc.).

--
Kevin P. Fleming