[asterisk-users] Echo problem in the analoge lines

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Aug 17 09:30:09 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 05:38:37PM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> The current dahdi version is:
>
> PBX-FF*CLI> dahdi show version
> DAHDI Version: 2.4.1.2 Echo Canceller:
>
> Well, the output of the dahdi_cfg as shown below, it declares there is
> invalid argument. But, really I tried to change the configuration in
> the systems.conf from fxoks=1-16 to fxsks=1-16 but did not work at all
> !! I know that FXO ports needs FXS signaling .. But I do not know why
> this message appears with me:
>

> [root at PBX-FF /]# dahdi_cfg
> DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Invalid argument (22)
> Selected signaling not supported
> Possible causes:
>         FXO signaling is being used on a FXO interface (use a FXS signaling variant)
>         RBS signaling is being used on a E1 CCS span
>         Signaling is being assigned to channel 16 of an E1 CAS span

This message is appearing because, as you pointed out above, you need
fxsks=1-16 signalling specified for the FXO modules that are installed
on your card.

What is the output of dahdi_cfg when the signalling is configured
properly?

Also, if you're not familiar with dahdi_genconf, you might want to give
that a try:
$ rm /etc/dahdi/system.conf
$ modprobe -r wctdm24xxp
$ modprobe wctdm24xxp
$ dahdi_genconf system

you should have a resonable configuration in /etc/dahdi/system.conf
now...

$ dahdi_cfg -vvf

Because dahdi_cfg is detecting an error in your configuration file, it is
*not* attaching the mg2 echo canceller to your channel. I would make sure that
dahdi_cfg runs without any errors before starting Asterisk.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer