[asterisk-users] Echo problem in the analoge lines

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 19:38:37 CDT 2011

The current dahdi version is:

PBX-FF*CLI> dahdi show version
DAHDI Version: 2.4.1.2 Echo Canceller:

Well, the output of the dahdi_cfg as shown below, it declares there is invalid argument. But, really I tried to change the configuration in the systems.conf from fxoks=1-16 to fxsks=1-16 but did not work at all !! I know that FXO ports needs FXS signaling .. But I do not know why this message appears with me:

[root at PBX-FF /]# dahdi_cfg
DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Invalid argument (22)
Selected signaling not supported
Possible causes:
        FXO signaling is being used on a FXO interface (use a FXS signaling variant)
        RBS signaling is being used on a E1 CCS span
        Signaling is being assigned to channel 16 of an E1 CAS span

Also I have the following lines in the systems.conf:

echocanceller=mg2,1-16
fxoks=1-16

And I have the following lines in the chan_dahdi.conf:

context=IncomingPSTN
signalling=fxs_ks
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
channel => 1-16

group=1
channel => 1-16

The output of the command 'cat /proc/dahdi/1' is:

[root at PBX-FF asterisk]# cat /proc/dahdi/1
Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM2400P Board 1" (MASTER)

           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS (In use)
           2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS (In use)
           3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS (In use)
           4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSKS (In use)