[asterisk-users] DID to display the calling number

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 03:09:29 CDT 2011

On Sunday 14 Aug 2011, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> The main number is 56725000 and we have DIDs from 5000 to 5999. Now, I need
> that if five IP Phones make outside calls, then destination should see only
> 56725111 so I beleive it is related to the DID 5111 but I do not know what
> I have to do a settings for this DID and where, so I can acheive this.
>
> Any advise?

You need to use Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed) and Set(CALLERID(num)=.....) before
the Dial() statement in your extensions.conf.  Note, though, that your telco
will only allow you to use presentation numbers allocated to you -- if you
try to set a number that is not yours to use, they will silently change it
either to "anonymous" or to your "main" number.

If Set(CALLERID(num)=.....) is not behaving the way you think it should, then
you need to contact your telco and make sure that the presentation number
really is allocated to you.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.