[asterisk-users] DAHDI-linux-complete on CENTOS kernel 2.6.32

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Sun Aug 14 23:04:37 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 05:21:36AM +0200, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 10:31 PM, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> [snip]
> > While I can't say I've run against that particular CENTOS kernel version,
> > I would be very surprised (and interested to know) if you had any
> > problems.
>
> Iirc that kernel (2.6.32-71.el6.i686) is a stock Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux 6 (or CentOS 6) kernel. Not sure if I understand you. Are you
> saying that Digium does not test their software on RHEL6/CentOS6 or
> that you tested it on RHEL6/CentOS6 but just not against the stock
> kernel?

I was only saying that I personally have not tested it against that
kernel version (RHEL6 / CentOS6). My personal CentOS test machines are
running CentOS 4.9, 5.5, and 5.6. I don't yet have a 6.0 version in the
mix.

However, given that I've run on a 2.6.32 kernel (debian and vanilla) and
I would be very surprised if you have any problems compiling and running
from the source repositories.

If you're worried about it, you could wait for CentOS 6.0 packages to
show up on http://packages.asterisk.org/centos but I'm not sure what the
expected time frame for that is.

--
Shaun Ruffell