[asterisk-users] Problem setting for incoming termination

Jim Boykin boykinjim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:03:58 CDT 2011

Hi,

We have difficulty setting up the incoming termination for our
clients. Both the ends are using asterisk.  The problem is unless we
use fromuser at client end, it does not work properly as expected.

Below is a configuration at our end. The problem is that whenever call
is received from the client, it goes to default context instead of
'dallas' context. Also, the ${CDR(accountcode)} variable remains
empty. Now, If we set fromuser field at the client end, then
everything starts working, however, in that case, it overrides the
callerid.

[dallas]
type=user
username=dallas
secret=somepassword
host=dynamic
nat=no
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
accountcode=411
context=dallas

This is the configuration at client end.

[outgoing]
type=peer
username=dallas
secret=somepassword
host=<ipaddress>
nat=no
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

We do not require the client to register, neither we want them to use
fromuser field. I think we are doing some silly mistake since this
should be a simple configuration used by many. Please help

Thanks
Jim