[asterisk-users] FAX Issues

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 17:35:38 CDT 2011

Ok,

Thanks

But what is the NVFAX? Does 1.4 support getting faxes per extension?

In my office I have 1000 ext, each users has it's own DID number.
What I would like is that each user can get a fax using his own number.

I'm running version 1.4.29 under Debian,  and FreePBX under a sip trunk.
It working great, no issues.
But I can't get FAXs since the NVFAX option is gray out.

I do not have a app_fax.so under the modules, and google it I saw you will
need to patch the code of asterisk using the spandsp tool.

There is also a stand alone version of this, where no patching is needed,
but I still want to know what FAX options is supported under version 1.4.

In 1.6 the app_fax.so comes by default, but I need to upgrade the server,
which might be good idea, but I'm not sure I want to get into this now.

Version 1.8 seems to have digum support and spandsp support for faxes, but
I'm not sure what does it mean....

All I want is that each user has his own fax number, so when no answering,
and voice mail is off (can I keep it on?), once fax is coming in, it will be
converted to pdf and sent to the user mailbox.

For sending faxes, I guess I can used sendmail with IAXmodem and some faxing
server.....

Thank you all
Sassy