[asterisk-users] ASterisk is Going stop whenever restart the server

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Aug 5 09:01:07 CDT 2011

> I am using goautodial, I am using 20channels telcom PRI line and in my
> server DIgium TE120 PRI card which is for 31 channel. with this
> configuration
> I am able to call from server . but problem whenever i restarted the
> server that time is Asterisk is stop then I am not able to call
> outside.
> how to resolve this issue. every time whenever restart the server this
> asterisk it going stop.

I don't know what you mean by the stop references.  If you mean the call
fails, then that could be because the call attempted to use a channel
not provisioned for your PRI line.  Your configuration provisions all
30 channels for an E1 line when you said you have 20 channels.

> inthis server my hardware configuration is
> /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
> group=0,11
> context=default
> switchtype = euroisdn
> signalling = pri_cpe
> channel => 1-15,17-31
^^^ This line is creating all of the channels for an E1 so chan_dahdi
thinks it has all 30 channels available.  You said you only have 20
channels available so the channels line is wrong here.  It should be
something like
channel => 1-15,17-21

Also anything after a channel line does not apply to the channels created
by a channel line.

> context = default
> group = 63
>
> /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
> [trunkgroups]
>
> [channels]
> #include dahdi-channels.conf
> language=en
> context=default
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes
> usecallingpres=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> canpark=yes
> restictcid=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> callreturn=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echotraining=800
> relaxdtmf=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> ;group=1
> ;callgroup=1
> ;pickupgroup=1
> busydetect=yes
> busycount=6
> immediate=no
> resetinterval=never
> switchtype=euroisdn
> signalling=pri_cpe
> pridialplan=unknown
> prilocaldialplan=unknown
> group=0
> channel => 1-20
^^^ This channel line is wrong.  It attempts to redefine channels
you have already defined earlier by the dahdi-channels.conf include.
You should have gotten warning messages when Asterisk loaded about
channels already defined.

> /etc/dahdi/system.conf
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> # termtype: te