[asterisk-users] pickupgroup

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Thu Aug 4 10:20:32 CDT 2011

Hi,

Using 1.4, I see that pickupgroup can only be between 1 and 63.

We run a hosted PBX service and need to give our client access to the call pickup feature.

I thought that I could simply use the client's ID number for the pickupgroup number.
The client's ID number is generated by our CRM software and is unique for each client.
That way, I can ensure clients can only pick up calls from extensions on their account.

However, since pickupgroup can only be between 1 and 63, this causes a problem.

I was wondering what people have done to get around this.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Dan