[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Apr 28 20:16:17 CDT 2011

At 04:49 PM 4/28/2011, you wrote:
>Well the issue is that we currently have over 900 open issues in the Asterisk
>project alone, and with only one primary bug marshal (myself) sometimes things
>accidentally get closed if it looks like a configuration issue.
>
>If anyone ever opens an issue they they feel is a bug and the issue is closed,
>then the best forum is the #asterisk-bugs IRC channel. This allows
>you to speak
>with the bug marshals and to work through some additional
>information that might
>be required to help determine that something is truly an issue.

Well, I've no idea how to do that. I can duplicate the problem every
time on my system in one step, but I have no idea how to suggest you
test it or if it requires my particular configuration or Aastra
phones.  I can do almost anything in Windows, most anything on a Mac
and almost nothing on a Linux box except make and install Asterisk
from source and edit the Asterisk configuration files.  You often
make the assumption that just because I use Asterisk I know Linux. It
would be nice, but I've made my living doing DOS and then Windows
support since DOS 2.1 and for me, Linux is just something I need to
run my Asterisk box.

I'm happy to help, but I need help to do it.

Ira