[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.18 Now Available

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at omiha.com
Thu Apr 28 18:19:37 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm about to deliver a production system based on Debian Squeeze and
Asterisk 1.6.2.9-2+squeeze1 from the Debian repositories. Asterisk 1.8
packages for Debian & Ubuntu are available from packages.asterisk.org.
Observing some recent discussions on this list, it seems that 1.8 might
not yet be ready for production use. Would whoever kindly makes the
Asterisk 1.8 packages available also consider doing that for 1.6
releases? If the build environment has been set up for 1.8, I'd imagine
it would be easy to set up something similar for 1.6 releases?

kind regards,
Jan