[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Apr 28 18:02:26 CDT 2011

At 03:48 PM 4/28/2011, you wrote:

> [...]

OK, maybe not, but if I thought it was a bug and you discover it was
a bug and fix it, than who was it who decided it wasn't a bug 15
minutes after I put it in the bug tracker and why did that person
have that much power?  Look, I know things take time to fix and test,
I have no problem with that and I know users report things that
aren't bugs as bugs.  I develop software and my users do all those
annoying things too, but I can't slap them down like that if I expect
them to continue being customers. And I know the people who do this
are volunteers, but my software is free, so I'm a volunteer too.

Look, I'm not complaining, I'm happy with trunk and I don't care any
more if 1.8 ever works. If it was up to me I'd say abandon it and
move on, but it's not up to me. I only brought it up again because of
the thread about the usability of 1.8.

Asterisk made an amazing change in my life and solved problems in
ways I never imagined possible before accidently discovering it 5 years ago.

If nothing else, the ability to not have any phone but my wife's ring
when the annoying members of her family call is worth every penny I
spent on the hardware.

Ira