[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Apr 28 17:39:37 CDT 2011

At 03:22 PM 4/28/2011, you wrote:
>On 11-04-28 04:35 PM, Ira wrote:
>>If you want to look at this with my help, an email off-list will get
>>your use of me and my Asterisk box.
>I just posted a patch on the issue tracker, I'll need to get it
>reviewed to see if this is the best approach.

I would comment that I've been complaining about this since RC1 or 2
and if you just fixed it in 2 hours that there is something seriously
wrong with the bug tracking system.  I mean, I reported it a long
time ago and while it was probably not the best bug report ever, I
would have been more than willing to do almost anything to help fix
it. I know what beta tester means, I've beta tested disk defraggers
and disk caches and lost everything when they had the wrong bug and I
know it can take a few tries to both fix the bug and for someone to
help me identify it so they have an idea of where to look. Personally
I'd just assumed that 1.8 was going to stay broken as no one seemed
to care and was really happy when trunk worked as that meant I could
move on. I like the bleeding edge and will always run the current
beta on my small system unless I find a problem. I know it's
dangerous, but it gives me the best chance of influencing where the
product is going. Not much chance with this, but old habits die hard.

And thanks for looking at this.  The offer to help stands. Once UPS
picks up in the afternoon, 3:30PM PST, I'm happy to try anything for you.

Ira