[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Apr 28 12:06:18 CDT 2011

At 05:56 AM 4/28/2011, you wrote:
>If I can install 1.8 and
>know that I can "turn off" things to get to 1.4 "solidness", then I don't
>have a problem with this kettle of fish.  BTW, where does 1.10 fit into this
>conversation?

Personally, 1.8 has never lasted more than 12 hours on my box without
dying and once I figured out how it dies, every beta and every
release will fail within moments if I followed the same very short
test script. I did put up a bug report on the problem once and was
told within moments it wasn't a bug, but I'm not smart enough to
understand what I'm supposed to do to troubleshoot and the same
configuration has always run on 1.2, 1.6 and 1.10 so from my
perspective, it's a bug.

1.10 or trunk as I guess it's currently known has been running on my
production box for 2 weeks with not one hiccup.

Ira