[asterisk-users] asterisk practices

vip killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:34:38 CDT 2011

I just completed building a feature rich asterisk voicemail system using
perl, php, and mysql.
My only concern is that the system i built will not be able to handle the
call volume needed. Let me start by explaining my setup.

Incoming call -> route.agi (perl -> mysql lookup) -> AGI -> voicemailbox
(using mysql odbc) or terminate with wrong number message

if a message is left in a voicemailbox the following happens:
externnotify -> notify.pl (perl -> mysql lookup) -> up to 2 calls originated
(using AMI), up to 4 emails sent out (with up to 2 attachemnts of voicemail)

this system may need to handle up to 50 concurrent calls. the "notify.pl"
script may be called several times a second.
My question is, will asterisk be able to handle calling the "notify.pl"
script that many times? or is there a better way to handle large volumes of
voicemail notification, thank you in advance for your input.