[asterisk-users] call files

Tiago Geada tiago.geada at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 07:01:46 CDT 2011

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

Answers below:

On 23 April 2011 18:29, Sherwood McGowan <sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Tiago Geada <tiago.geada at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Im having trouble setting variables in channel dialplan and re-using them
>> in Extension dialplan...
>>
>> Im using the following call file:
>>
>> Channel: Local/210332450 at ZonNew-Outbound
>> CallerID: ZonNew-Outbound:49:210332450:
>> MaxRetries: 5
>> RetryTime: 10
>> WaitTime: 60
>> Account: Outbound210332450
>> Context: agents
>> Extension: 888210332450
>> Set: __PARTNER=ZonNew-Outbound
>> Set: NUMBER=210332450
>>

>> -
>>
>> In  "Local/210332450 at ZonNew-Outbound" I Set(bla='blabla');
>>
>> It seems I cannot re-use this var in extension _888XXXXXXXXX in context
>> agents...
>>

>> Basically the Channel dialplan has a Queue() and in _888XXXXXXXXX I would
>> like to know the peer (or interface) that answered it... What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>

> I'm a little confused by "It Seems I cannot re-use this var in extension
> _888XXXXXXXXXX in context agents"....Of course you can use it...but if you
> set bla to a different value in your code where your callfile is processed,
> Asterisk will (rightfully so) just set bla = to whatever you set it to....
>
> Now, if the callfile doesn't send a channel "through" the context that
> you're trying to set blah, that's a little odd...
>
> Now, as far as retrieving the information about the interface that answered
> the call....look in queues.conf.sample....there's a nifty configuration
> option:
>
> *setinterfacevar=no ; (the default is no)*
>
> Yes, I am aware of this and I do use it. However, I cannot use
MEMBERINTERFACE variable in dialplan _888XXXXXXXXX, and that is where I'm
needing it.

Also seems that its two channel legs and the only way would be to use
IMPORT() o SHARED() and for that I would have to know the channel name...

I am right now using IMPORT() like:

Set(CALLERID(num)=${IMPORT(${CHANNEL:0:$[${LEN(${CHANNEL})} -
1]}2,MEMBERNAME)});

but I fee that it is a ugly fix. What if call leg changes from 2 to 3?