[asterisk-users] ARA table definitions (1.8.*)

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sat Apr 23 14:13:56 CDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 10:52 -0700, Jason Rogers wrote:
> Where would one find, or better yet determine from code, all of the table definitions for ARA dynamic families?
>
> There seems to be some bits and pieces in various places around the internet,
> ie. voip-info, the definitive guide, ect. but nothing complete or definitive.
>
> I have wondered about this for years.  Ideally we would have a script packaged with asterisk source,
> that could be run and would parse the source and generate the table create scripts, including all table columns, and save to file.
> We could then go in and customize the script from there, adding or removing columns as needed, ect.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
> --
I have to agree that info is scattered many places not just the asterisk
site, but also voip-info, and a couple of threads on this list.

One this i just noticed, is that all of them are related to 1.6 or
older. That is, the field definitions for ip-adresses are just 15
characters wide. For most of us, that will be enough, but if you ever
tried to store a ipv6 address into it, it will be severely truncated.

So in order to be v4/v6 agnostic, it should be atleast 40 characters
wide (4*8 hex charecters with seven colons)...

hw