[asterisk-users] Cannot call to my server with SIP

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:04:26 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot call my server over the internet with SIP anymore.
>
> Even when I do a maximum logging on my firewall, I don't see packets
> coming from outside. I've tried it from an ekiga.net account and an
> sip2sip.info account. What could be wrong?  I would expect incoming
> traffic on port 5060 UDP...
>
> The account is "paul at vandervlis.nl". This should connect trought DNS to
> the machine xen8.vandervlis.nl:

When you say that you can't call _anymore_ did it work in the past?
How long ago?

Here's what I could see from here:
* xen8.vandervlis.nl is listening on udp/5060
* there is a srv record published by the authoritative name servers at
ns1, ns2 and ns3.vandervlis.nl

The only thing that I noticed was that the TTL for xen8.vandervlis.nl
was 24 hours, which is why I asked about it working in the past.  Is
it possible that the ip address on xen8.vandervlis.nl has changed but
the old record is still present in some dns caches?

-M