[asterisk-users] Call Center Reporting

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 07:36:52 CDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Steven Howes <steve-lists at geekinter.net>wrote:

> On 18 Apr 2011, at 11:06, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> > I am using Asterisk for Call Center (so agents login, logout, ready, not
> ready, ... etc). To be able to have a good call center reporting, on what I
> have to depend? On the CDR of Asterisk or there is another way?
> >
> > Is there a good open source tool to be used for Asterisk call center
> reporting?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=asterisk+call+cener+reporting
>
> There are certainly some nice commercial ones. Can't comment on OSS stuff.
> But given it's for a call centre, I'd be tempted by the "you don't get
> something for nothing" approach.

> --

I actually have implemented some very very good statistics by judicious use
of the queue_log via odbc, running to a MySQL server, a few triggers, and
then just wrote views that I can then filter on...

Currently I have the following quickly accessible to me via running simple
select queries (with date range constraints where needed):

   - Per Agent and Queue:
      - Number of calls taken
      - Can be grouped by day of month, day of week, or hour
      - Number and Percentage of calls:
      - answered
      - abandoned
      - timed out
      - exit via keypress
      - exit due to leavewhenempty constraints
         - broken down per queue
         - Can be grouped by day of month, day of week, or hour
         - Average, Minimum, and Maximum:
      - Call Duration
         - Per agent, queue, or both
         - grouped by day of month, day of week, or hour
         - Wait Time resulting in various results (abandon, exit with key,
      answer, etc...)
         - Per agent, queue, or both
         - grouped by day of month, day of week, or hour

and that's just the stuff I did easily...I'm currently working on some more
complicated statistics and the methods of generating those statistics...

I hope to release my little stats project as an open source offering, and it
will definitely be part of my open source PBX solution "SamuPBX" (Asterisk
configuration web interface and supporting backend code, think FreePBX
without all the overhead and flatfiles)