[asterisk-users] send voicemail to multiple emails

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Apr 8 16:09:50 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM, vip killa <vipkilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> That does not sound easy... besides these email addresses would be taken
> from a MySQL database.

It's actually what you're going to end up doing, whether you do it on the
MTA level or your code it into your script that you execute instead of
sendmail -f.  Currently, there is no way to natively have asterisk send one
voicemail to multiple email addresses.

What's probably going to work best for you since you seem to like program
your own scripts (and I'm not talking an AGI here, I'm talking either pure
bash, php, perl, or whichever you prefer), is to change the mailcmd= option
inside voicemail.conf and replace it with a script of your own design.  I'm
not sure off the top of my head which variables are passed to the command,
but you could always write a simple script that just outputs all arguments
to see and go from there.  My guess is you're going to at the least get the
preconfigured email address and the contents of your emailsubject and
emailbody options (both of which have the option of passing multiple useful
variables).

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP