[asterisk-users] Call duration problem or maybe calls not hanging up problem

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Apr 6 17:30:07 CDT 2011

At 12:38 AM 4/6/2011, you wrote:
>In the last 10 days I've had 4 calls be charged by my provider at
>exactly 12 hours longer than the call actually lasted. I think this
>as all after upgrading from 1.6.17.1 to 1.6.17.2 but I have no way
>to be sure and it's so random. 2 calls 20 minutes apart last week
>and 2 more today many hours apart.
>
>Is anyone else seeing anything like this or have any idea where I might look.
>
>They claim it's me but won't know till the get the SIP logs from
>their provider.  It's almost as if someone is using AM and PM and
>getting them mixed up. When I call Australia the calls always hang
>up right around 30 minutes and the first 2 calls did exactly that
>and were billed for exactly 12:30.

So now I'm replying to myself.  There is one more interesting piece
of the puzzle. All 4 of the calls were terminated by something other
than the caller, i.e. in the middle of the call they just hung
up.  Now my calls to Australia have done this for ages, at 30 minutes
they just hang up and I've never figured out why, but before 10 days
ago, they didn't make the provider think the call was still active.
The two calls that had this problem most recently were both
disconnected at exactly 20 minutes but billed at 12 hours and minutes.

Ira