[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.3

Edwin Lam edwin.lam at officegeneral.com
Wed Apr 6 16:36:16 CDT 2011

On 4/5/11 6:10 PM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> I have deployed several 1.8.3.2 systems as upgrades of customers systems and now I
> am seeing random crashes. For some reason the builds lock up and stop taking sip
> connections. Existing calls stay on but when the user hangs up no new calls or reg
> attempts work. In most cases a "core restart now" cleans things up. Some times I
> have to kill the asterisk process. The stability of 1.8.2 was poor but it is worse
> with 1.8.3.2 any ideas of how I can approach solving this.

We've upgraded our system over the weekend from 1.4.35 to 1.8.3.2
For the past couple of days, we had several random hangs(most of
the time "core stop now" didn't work, I had to kill -9 the process)
Also the PRI behavior seems to be slightly different, we can't hear
any early media sounds on 800 numbers that goes through AT&T.
I finally downgraded it back to 1.6.2.17, now everything work.

--
Edwin Lam <edwin.lam at officegeneral.com>
Systems Engineer, OfficeWyze, Inc.