[asterisk-users] asterisk hints

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Apr 6 11:52:07 CDT 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Olivier
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:49 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] asterisk hints

2011/4/5 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

On my Polycom 501's I use hints to populate a "buddy" list - I hit the
buddies softkey and can see if my "buddy" is on the line.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread but are your Ringing phones displayed as InUse
ones with your setup ?

My understanding of this is :
1. Polycom 3.2 firmware brings the capability to have a third state (beside
InUse and Idle) but this firmware is not available for 501's.
2. It is possible to get Ringing status with Polycom 3.1 firmware but you
need a kind of Notify/Subscribe which is not yet implemented in Asterisk.

Regards

[Danny Nicholas]

If I recall correctly, the state shows as Ringing in Asterisk and on my
Apache interface, but as Inuse on the phone interface.  The Polycom
interface can be "mentally challenged".