[asterisk-users] asterisk hints

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 6 11:48:55 CDT 2011

2011/4/5 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

>  On my Polycom 501’s I use hints to populate a “buddy” list – I hit the
> buddies softkey and can see if my “buddy” is on the line.
>

> Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread but are your Ringing phones displayed as InUse
ones with your setup ?

My understanding of this is :
1. Polycom 3.2 firmware brings the capability to have a third state (beside
InUse and Idle) but this firmware is not available for 501's.
2. It is possible to get Ringing status with Polycom 3.1 firmware but you
need a kind of Notify/Subscribe which is not yet implemented in Asterisk.

Regards