[asterisk-users] Fax

Khaled W. Chehab kchehab at xplorium.com
Fri Apr 1 06:04:09 CDT 2011

Dears,

I have two questions

1-Is there a way to export fax tiff file image from .pcap captured file .

In other words i am trying to backup all faxes that are passing on my
network,and export the fax file later on.

Is this feasible and how .

i am using sip protocol and fax protocol is bypass ,G711 i can use T38 if
that will solve the matter.

2-I tried using asterisk to receive the fax  and resend it , but that will
not a real time  fax, and if I want to ignore the time ,in case of failed
fax I should inform the user that fax is been failed since the system
received the fax is the first place successfully .

Is there a way to don't hangup the call when  the user send the fax first
time to system ?

The  procedure is like this .

-User send the fax

-System receive it

-system create a call file

-call file executed and start sending the fax

.

.

-system call the user with prompt Success/Failed

Khaled  Chehab

           NGN Eng.

     Operations Office - Lebanon

     Office : +961 1 868686 ext 115

     Mobile: +961 3 045212

     E-mail:  <mailto:kchehab at xplorium.com> kchehab at xplorium.com

     MSN ID :KhalidChehab at hotmail.com

     Web Site: http://www.xplorium.com

No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Xplorium with another party by e-mail without express written confirmation by an officer of Xplorium. Any views expressed by an individual in this electronic message do not necessarily reflect views of Xplorium or its subsidiaries and associates.

This electronic message and its attachments are solely addressed to the addressee(s), and contain confidential information protected from disclosure belonging to Xplorium.

If you are not the intended addressee of this electronic message and its attachments, kindly delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender by electronic mail. You must not copy this message or attachment or disclose its content to any other person.

Xplorium does not guarantee the integrity of this electronic message and any of its attachments, or that they are free from computer viruses or other defects.