[asterisk-users] Incoming SRTP call not working with Bria iPhone Edition

Alexis de BRUYN alexis at de-bruyn.fr
Fri Apr 1 05:52:00 CDT 2011

Hi Everybody,

I am experiencing some troubles with my Bria iPhone Edition (v. 1.2.8
build 5312, on iOS 4.2.1 iPhone 3G) and Asterisk 1.8.3.2 + TLS/SRTP on
LAN (without NAT).

With 2 computer clients (Blink, one on Mac, one on Windows/Linux),9i can
have a very fine secure conversation in both directions.

When I want to do the same with my iPhone, only outgoing calls are
working. If i try to call (from Blink Win/Mac) my iPhone, Bria is not
ringing. Asterisk logs only said that nobody has picked up :
{{{
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Executing [400 at local:1] Dial("SIP/500-00000004", "SIP/400,20") in
new stack
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called 400
SSL certificate ok
    -- Nobody picked up in 20000 ms
}}}

My config files are :

 * sip.conf :
{{{
tlsenable=yes
tlsbindaddr=0.0.0.0
tlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.pem
tlscafile=/etc/asterisk/keys/ca.crt
tlscipher=ALL
tlsclientmethod=tlsv1 ;none of the others seem to work with Blink as the
client

[400]
type=peer
secret=400 ;note that this is NOT a secure password
host=dynamic
context=local
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=g722,gsm
transport=tls
encryption=yes
context=local

[500]
type=peer
secret=500 ;note that this is NOT a secure password
host=dynamic
context=local
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=g722,gsm
transport=tls
encryption=yes
context=local
}}}

 * extensions.conf :
{{{
exten => 400,1,Dial(SIP/400,20)
exten => 400,2,VoiceMail(u400 at default)
exten => 400,VoiceMail(b400 at default)
exten => 400,3,Hangup()
exten => 500,1,Dial(SIP/500,20)
exten => 500,2,VoiceMail(u500 at default)
exten => 500,VoiceMail(b500 at default)
exten => 500,3,Hangup()
}}}

If I try with a simple SIP (no TLS/SRTP) configuration, the iPhone is
ringing and I can pick up but there is no sound. It is working fine on
the other direction. Network Traversal Strategy is set to "Server
Managed" (I have tried the others with success).

I have already ask for CounterPath/Bria support, but I didn't have a
positive answer yet.

What is wrong with my settings? Thanks for your help.
- --
Alexis de BRUYN
email : alexis at de-bruyn.fr