[asterisk-users] Unable to load fax modules

khalid touati khalidtouati at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:38:41 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,
Sorry Kevin for that it was not on purpose (i didn't pay attention to what
"reply" is putting as emails).
actually I feel so dump, i didn't pay attention at all when i was
downloading, but thanks a lot. i did install the right version and it's
showing up info about modules, so it's fine.

David:
i see what you mean, you're right it's there,thank you for your help!

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:09 PM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:46 AM, khalid touati <khalidtouati at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > thanks for replies,
> > I am using Asterisk 1.6.2.11
> > and components res_fax-1.4_1.2.1-x86_64 and
> > res_fax_digium-1.4_1.2.1-barcelona_64.
> > (amd 64 bit machine)
> > actually I am not aware that there is version which include fax.
> > for rebuilding with manager support that would be great if you could give
> me
> > a link to know about that, cause i've never done it !
>
> If you're building from source, do a make menuconfig
>
> then you get the ability to do select/deselct on the individual
> applications.
>
> One is called app_fax
> That contains the built-in fax support.
>
> It requires that you have already pre-built SpanDSP.
>
> And also, it looks like you cannot NOT compile in manager support, so
> my original idea seems wrong.
>
> --

Abdullah