[asterisk-users] Unable to load fax modules

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:09:21 CDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:46 AM, khalid touati <khalidtouati at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks for replies,
> I am using Asterisk 1.6.2.11
> and components res_fax-1.4_1.2.1-x86_64 and
> res_fax_digium-1.4_1.2.1-barcelona_64.
> (amd 64 bit machine)
> actually I am not aware that there is version which include fax.
> for rebuilding with manager support that would be great if you could give me
> a link to know about that, cause i've never done it !

If you're building from source, do a make menuconfig

then you get the ability to do select/deselct on the individual applications.

One is called app_fax
That contains the built-in fax support.

It requires that you have already pre-built SpanDSP.

And also, it looks like you cannot NOT compile in manager support, so
my original idea seems wrong.