[asterisk-users] NAT issue (i think?)

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Tue Sep 28 05:14:57 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 09:28:24AM +0800, Ron wrote:
> got this problem that IP phones could not re-register to my server. even
> if device is power cycled it still would not register. the solution i
> found was to change the SIP port settings on the phone and it will
> register. but after registration expires and its time to re-register the
> same thing will happen, so i have to update the port settings again just
> to make it work which is troublesome.

Sounds like NAT problems, do you have qualify enabled for these devices?
Also the Linksys devices have a keep alive option (NAT Keep Alive
Enable).

But even with both these setting enabled NAT gateways sometimes seem to
lose track of SIP sessions (I have more trouble with Cisco devices than
Linux routers), setting the UDP session timeout to 10m seems to help
(default is something like 3m).

--

   Daniel Tryba