[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a distributed paging system

Matteo Fortini matteo.fortini at sadel.it
Mon Sep 27 10:58:30 CDT 2010

Hi!
thank you for your good answers.

Another related question:
I tried using Page() and it works perfectly, but I need to implement a
slightly different behavior, and I'm looking into ways of implementing it.

When a user picks up the phone and chooses to page the speakers, the
call should start (so that it's ready for talking), but in muted status.
When the user pushes a push-to-talk button, then a bell sound needs to
be played through all the speakers, then she can start talking freely.
Everytime the PTT button is released, the mic needs to mute, but that's
something I can work out in the softphone.

How can I implement it? I am thinking of using some call parking method
and some DTMF code to pass to the next state, but I am open to advice,
since I'm quite new to Asterisk.

Could I also create a macro to do the same thing Page is doing, but with
ConfBridge?

Last question: is there a way of reinviting periodically remotes to the
conference, so that they can recover after e.g. a reboot?

Thank you in advance,
Matteo