[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.13 - have asterisk reply from same IP address

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Fri Sep 24 06:12:22 CDT 2010

On 10-09-23 07:01 PM, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a server with multiple IP address, Asterisk binding with all of
> them. I'd like Asterisk to reply to a SIP peer from the same IP address
> as the peer used to register to Asterisk (as opposed to using the main
> IP address all the time regardless of how the peer communicated with
> Asterisk).
>
> Is this possible? I know it wasn't with 1.4, but I was told 1.6 had
> something like this (something to do with not breaking SIP over TCP)

This has been a requested feature for quite a while now, but I don't think
Asterisk does this yet. Some time in the past Jared Smith had a patch that would
do this which was considered "hacky" but did seem to work in his particular
situation.

If this has been implemented, I am not aware of it.

Leif.