[asterisk-users] Asterisk T38

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Thu Sep 23 09:02:24 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Adam Moffett <adam at plexicomm.net> wrote:

> That's probably what I'm going to have to do.  Thanks.
>
> > I suppose that merely removing ATA and asterisk from the middle, and
> > plugging a pots line into a fax machine is out of the question.

If you are running 1.6, you can try this -
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13405  I have this implemented on
our production system but I personally get hit and miss results with it.
 Sometimes it doesn;t seem to detect its a fax call.   The fax typically
goes through fine over g.711u though as long as you have good network links.
 My setup previously included a couple of lan-extensions over DSL and it was
pretty unreliable on them if there was other network traffic going on even
with QoS on the edge routers heavily favoring the phone traffic.

<https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13405>If you are running 1.4 you
can try this - http://www.zoiper.com/foip/  I used this back before
zoiper acquired the company that owned it and it worked absolutely perfect.
 I haven;t tried it since its been open sourced and had 3rd party people
patch it current versions of asterisk though.