[asterisk-users] Asterisk- speech to text(Voicemail to text message)

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Sep 22 16:04:26 CDT 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of amit salunkhe
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:59 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk- speech to text(Voicemail to text
message)

Dear All

Can you let me know is this possible to if we are using Asterisk version 1.4
or 1.6 for incoming voicemail we can send as email in text formta. Means
voice mesage converted into text message & send it to resp. email ids. is
this possible.

If yes. we can do the same with help of Asterisk or we require expertnal
application need to isntall/integrate to work for speech to test. Please
help me with data to configure.

Thanks

Amit-

FWIW, the current state of Speech-to-text will let you do a 70-95% accurate
translation of incoming voicemails depending on clarity/dialect/training.
Also depends on language of "native" speakers.  For 100% reliability, this
still requires Human intervention.