[asterisk-users] Confused about notifyringing in sip.conf

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Sep 20 05:58:37 CDT 2010

Hi!

> notifyringing = no ; Control whether subscriptions already
> INUSE get sent RINGING when another call is sent (default: yes)
>
> Does this mean that when I mark this as "yes", a phone that already has
> taken a call will be send a second and third call ?!

No, not directly: This setting is only about SIP subscription information
spread via NOTIFY messages, and thus only concerns the hint (BLF) feature
of Asterisk.

> I want that if a phone is in use (calling), the phone does not ring on a
> second call.

The term you are looking for is "call waiting"; use GROUP() or
call-limit= to control the number of calls for a specific phone (or
employ DEVICE_STATE()).

Philipp