[asterisk-users] Confused about notifyringing in sip.conf

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon Sep 20 03:15:33 CDT 2010

Hello list,

I read this in sip.conf :

notifyringing = no             ; Control whether subscriptions already
INUSE get sent RINGING when another call is sent (default: yes)

What does this mean ?!

Does this mean that when I mark this as "yes", a phone that already has
taken a call will be send a second and third call ?!

I want that if a phone is in use (calling), the phone does not ring on a
second call.

Is it possible that by setting this as "no", my phone's BLF-lamps are
not blinking when a phone is ringing ?!

Kind regards,

Jonas.