[asterisk-users] Echo on Sangoma A400 and background noise

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:51:50 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Al lists <asteriskal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a long time user of Digium carts and stupid me i wanted to give Sangoma
> a try.
> We got Sangoma A400 with 6 FXO ports.
>
> Asterisk version: 1.4.35
> Zaptel version: 1.4.11
> Wanpipe version: 3.5.11
>
> we tried to use fxtune but looks like it wont work with Sangoma card, (
> please correct me if i'm wrong)
> Echo is really bad and also we have  background noise on all lines.
> We tried both mg2 and oslec echo canceler.
> was wondering if you have any experiense with that because Sangoma tech
> support is not helpfull, just look at their response:

Hello,

I am sorry you've had this bad experience and I apologize on behalf of
Sangoma if we gave you the impression of not caring about your technical
issue.

To rephrase what tech support meant. Our HWEC is known to provide better
results, but in no way that means that we will not look at your issue with
the card that does not have HWEC.

A senior tech support engineer will be contacting you soon today to follow
up on your issue appropriately.

Regards,

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | NEW 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R
9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com