[asterisk-users] Echo on Sangoma A400 and background noise

cb cb at mythtech.net
Wed Sep 15 21:10:33 CDT 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Al lists wrote:

> we tried to use fxtune but looks like it wont work with Sangoma
> card, ( please correct me if i'm wrong)
> Echo is really bad and also we have  background noise on all lines.
> We tried both mg2 and oslec echo canceler.

I've only used Sangoma with hardware echo cancelation, but I did find
I had to manually tune my cards. In my case using a test tone number
was of no help, rather I just listened in on calls in progress and
used ztmonitor to see where the levels were and adjusted things until
I had a good level and the sound quality was acceptable.

Until I did the manual tuning I had serious issues of static and
background noise on several lines, but not all. I don't blame this on
the Sangoma card, but rather on the line quality as I run Sangomas in
other locations and have never had to do any tuning there, they have
just worked.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>