[asterisk-users] How different is implementing Cisco based system than Asterisk based system?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 14:56:12 CDT 2010

Hello list,

Slightly off the list topic, but I hope I'll get some help here. Somebody
wants me to implement for his project a Cisco based VoIP system. I told him
that I specialize in Asterisk based systems, but he is not even aware of
Asterisk. The requirement of project is such that chances are slim that this
firm will consider Asterisk based system. So I told him that though not
experienced specifically in Cisco, if they hire me I'll setup their VoIP on
Cisco system.

Now I have no previous experience with Cisco systems and don't want to screw
up anything. Are they much different than Asterisk based systems? I guess
the underlying VoIP technology is the same for both the systems so it
shouldn't be hard to set it up on Cisco. Any ideas, suggestions. I'd
appreciate your help as what to look for, where to start from. My experience
with Cisco is limited to their networking equipment, IOS, their 7960 series
phones and making them work with asterisk, and also using Cisco press's
wonderful book 'Taking charge of Your VoIP Project'.

Sincerely,

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com