[asterisk-users] How to send SMS to Gigaset phones ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 13 04:04:42 CDT 2010

Hi,

Searching this list archives, I couldn't find a definitive answer to my
question :
how to send SMS to Gigaset phones ?

My goal is to send Alert SMS such as "This phone system will be stopped in
5mn for maintenance" to every terminal (SIP phones and Gigaset DECT phones).
(So at the moment, I'm not looking for way to send SMS from handsets).

I could successfully send 1 short text message to 1 SIP hardphones (using
sipsak) (I've not tried to send the same message to several phones and to
see I could erase old messages form phone's screen) but failed with
Gigasets.

Which tool shall I use ? smsq ? sipsak ?
It this matters, I'm using 1.4.35.

Regards