[asterisk-users] Losing first DTMF digit (with ASR)

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Sep 7 16:29:00 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Richard Kenner
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 4:16 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Losing first DTMF digit (with ASR)

> Just for grins, do this command
> /bin/grep "num sent" /var/log/VestecASRE/Port-10500_2010-09-07.log
> This should show you all of the DTMF processed by the grammars today.

It doesn't show any.  Isn't DTMF processed by Asterisk and not the ASR?

Anyway, I can now reproduce this in a simpler case:  In my dialplan,
I have

exten => 316,1,Answer(100)
exten => 316,n,MSet(TIMEOUT(d)=1,TIMEOUT(r)=10)
exten => 316,n,Read(X,adacore/main,5)
exten => 316,n,SayDigits(${X})
exten => 316,n,Goto(1)

I linked a DID to this and call it from my cellphone (works from a
landline).
About 70% of the time, it chops off the first digit.  It does NOT do this
if I'm not playing a file.  So this seems to be related to not stopping
the prompt or getting the prompt and the returned "voice" (DTMF) confused
in some way.

If you use Read, Background or Waitexten, DTMF is in Asterisk control; if
you use SpeechBackground, DTMF is under ASR control (returned in
SPEECH_TEXT(0) ).  Anyway, your other test indicates that the DTMF press
used to stop the prompt is being "eaten" by the ASR or Asterisk.