[asterisk-users] Losing first DTMF digit (with ASR)

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Tue Sep 7 16:15:54 CDT 2010

> Just for grins, do this command
> /bin/grep "num sent" /var/log/VestecASRE/Port-10500_2010-09-07.log
> This should show you all of the DTMF processed by the grammars today.

It doesn't show any.  Isn't DTMF processed by Asterisk and not the ASR?

Anyway, I can now reproduce this in a simpler case:  In my dialplan,
I have

exten => 316,1,Answer(100)
exten => 316,n,MSet(TIMEOUT(d)=1,TIMEOUT(r)=10)
exten => 316,n,Read(X,adacore/main,5)
exten => 316,n,SayDigits(${X})
exten => 316,n,Goto(1)

I linked a DID to this and call it from my cellphone (works from a landline).
About 70% of the time, it chops off the first digit.  It does NOT do this
if I'm not playing a file.  So this seems to be related to not stopping
the prompt or getting the prompt and the returned "voice" (DTMF) confused
in some way.