[asterisk-users] 5-7 second connection delay in outgoing FXO calls

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Sep 7 14:10:03 CDT 2010

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Frank
Tarczynski
>Subject: [asterisk-users] 5-7 second connection delay in outgoing FXO calls

> I'm running AsteriskNow 1.7.1 with a OpenVox 2/FXO/2FXS card, a Linksys
SPA942 SIP phone and outgoing SIP and IAX routes.

>When I dial local PSTN numbers from the SPA942 using the FXO channels I
observe a 5-7 second delay between when the PSTN number answers the call
and when Asterisk connects the call at my end.  There's enough delay
time that I hear an additional ring after the PSTN number has answered
the call.  I've had people hang-up since they don't hear anything when
answering.

>If I try the exact same call using an IAX route, the call is connected
at my end just as soon as the PSTN number answers.

>I don't have any connection delays for incomming FXO calls.  They are
connected as soon as I answer the calls.

>Can anyone give me some pointers on where to start looking?

>Frank
I experienced a similar issue when I changed my tonedur in dahdi.conf from
30 to 800.  Changing it back to 80 made the problem go away.