[asterisk-users] Dial timeout and SIP 302 Moved Temporarily

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 7 10:56:53 CDT 2010

2010/9/7 Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>

> On 09/06/2010 10:28 AM, Olivier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With a 1.4.35 or 1.6.1.19, I'm facing this behaviour :
> >
> > - extension 7002 is a SIP hard phone currently configured to forward
> > incoming calls to extension 7003, when a call is unanswered within a 10s
> > time frame
> >
> > - when extension 7001 is calling extension 7002 with a Dial(SIP/7002,20)
> > statement and no one answers, then :
> > - after 10s, Asterisk receives "SIP 302 Moved temporarily" message and
> > enters its dialplan to call 7003, as required,
> > - 10s later (or 20s from the very start), call from 7001 to 7003 is cut
> > and the next statement after Dial(SIP/7002,20) is run.
> >
> > The behaviour I would ideally implement is :
> > - whenever a "SIP 302 Moved temporarily" message is received, timer
> > associated to the original call (the one from 7001 to 7002) is reset to
> > another 20s period
>
> That would change the logic in app_dial quite drastically, as it would
> have to remember separate timeouts for each of the originally-dialed
> destinations in case they get forwarded elsewhere.

Yes.

Anyway, I think I found a workaround using a second Dial statement :
after the first Dial times out, I check if another call (the one launched
after receiving the 302 Moved Temporarily message) have been started and
interrupted by the first Dial timer.
If positive, then another Dial is triggered with appropriate settings (new
timeout and and extension values).

Thanks