[asterisk-users] Asterisk stops processing calls...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Sep 6 11:20:31 CDT 2010

	I have a very difficult to diagnose problem.  We are running Asterisk
1.6.2.11, DAHDI 2.4.0, FreePBX 2.8 on a Centos 5.5 server (Xeon quad
core 4gb).  Last week we started having a problem where the server will
randomly stop sending and receiving calls.  Asterisk does not die or
crash.  You can get the CLI but any command you input will not respond.
All phones have "No Service" on their screens and if you dial into the
server you can see the channel event but it never answers.  Once we
restart Asterisk everything goes back to normal.  This is now happening
several times a day so obviously the client is pissed.  This customer
has 4 Asterisk servers which all but this one works well.  One of the
others is running in the same hardware and environment but does not have
this problem.

	In the log files the only weird thing I see is:

[Sep  6 11:09:48] DEBUG[24238] chan_dahdi.c: Write returned -1 (Resource
temporarily unavailable) on channel 49
[Sep  6 11:09:48] DEBUG[24239] audiohook.c: Read factory 0x2aaaac5d3c60
was pretty quick last time, waiting for them.
[Sep  6 11:09:48] DEBUG[24288] chan_dahdi.c: Write returned -1 (Resource
temporarily unavailable) on channel 54
[Sep  6 11:09:48] DEBUG[24452] audiohook.c: Write factory 0x2aaacc67ad08
was pretty quick last time, waiting for them.
[Sep  6 11:09:48] DEBUG[24492] audiohook.c: Failed to get 160 samples
from write factory 0x2aaac8aa2ba8
[Sep  6 11:09:48] DEBUG[24492] audiohook.c: Read factory 0x2aaac8aa2170
and write factory 0x2aaac8aa2ba8 both fail to provide 160 samples

	These messages are repeated hundreds of times per minute.  The only
reference I can find to these messages were from Asterisk 1.4.X where
recording playback sounded too fast but this is not the case here since
recording play at normal speed (plus we are suing 1.6).  Any tips on how
to properly debug this situation?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001