[asterisk-users] Logging the CID from the Privacy Manager

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Wed Sep 1 05:39:37 CDT 2010

Quoting Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com>:

> Maybe you could do:
>
> Set(CDR(userfield)=${CALLERID(num)})
>
> Before dialing SIP/1000

That looks so simple -- and it actually works! -- although exactly not
in the way that I was expecting. Instead of replacing the contents of
one of the existing fields, a new field, "userfield", appeared at the
end of the record containing the number submitted by the caller.

I did try to use the same method to change one of the existing fields,
e.g. "src", like this:

    Set(CDR(src)=${CALLERID(num)})

But, then I received this error:

    [Sep  1 12:26:15] ERROR[12562]: cdr.c:303 ast_cdr_setvar:
    Attempt to set the 'src' read-only variable!.

That doesn't seem to be possible. So, I'm happy with your solution.

Thanks, Matt!

Cheers,

Jaap