[asterisk-users] Re : thousands Hangup per second /saturation of bandwidth

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 00:56:19 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Steve Edwards
<asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> Un-self-top-posting...
>
>> --- En date de : Jeu 21.10.10, ALAEDDINE abbech <alasupcom at yahoo.fr> a
>> écrit :
>>
>>      De: ALAEDDINE abbech <alasupcom at yahoo.fr>
>>      Objet: thousands Hangup per second /saturation of bandwidth
>>      À: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>>      Date: Jeudi 21 octobre 2010, 11h42
>>
>>      Hello,
>>
>>      I have a problem of saturation of bandwidth because of HANGUP which
>> sends thousands of times per second for a
>>      single call. Furthermore, the timestamp is still the same for this
>> HANGUP.
>>
>>      Thanks
>
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, ALAEDDINE abbech wrote:
>
>> Any news for this problem.
>> Who has this problem
>>
>> Why you don't answer.
>
> 0) This is a volunteer list. Nobody is obligated to answer.
>
> 1) Maybe nobody else has experienced this problem.
>
> 2) Maybe you failed to provide any information that would allow anybody to
> offer any suggestions of how to resolve your problem.
>
> Let's start with some simple details...
>
> a) What OS and version?
>
> b) What version of Asterisk?
>
> c) What technology is used for the failing call? I'm assuming SIP...
>
> d) What endpoint is involved? For example, Cisco 7960 with 8.3 firmware.
>
> e) What does your dialplan look like? Please use "show dialplan" so we can
> see what Asterisk sees.
>
> f) What does the Asterisk console output show after "upping" debug and
> verbose levels.
>
> g) Can the problem be replicated with a different endpoint? For example, a
> Zoiper Communicator 1.18.6898 softphone?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve Edwards       sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
> Newline                                              Fax: +1-760-731-3000
> --

Let me also note for the original poster....Absolutely NOBODY likes
doubleposters (or crossposters) who are asking for help. Try reading
my response to your OTHER post regarding this. Also, I second
everything that Mr Edwards said... I'm still at a loss as to why
people a) get pissy because no-one responds to a help request on an
all volunteer list, and/or b) don't include even the most base
information that would enable said volunteers to begin to help.

Ahhhhhh sigh.....
The Mick