[asterisk-users] Re : saturation of bandwidth because of HANGUP

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 00:52:20 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:

>   ------------------------------

Furthermore, a little more information in your request would be helpful. I
just noticed your thread, but there's basically no information concerning
the situation surrounding this strange occurrence.

Let me ask you for clarifications, maybe that will help get you going.

1. Are you saying that there's a multitude of SIP "BYE" requests in the
signalling between yourself and your provider?
2. If your answer to #1 is no, then please explain how this problem is
saturating your bandwidth, because I'm lost.
3. Is the hangup request coming FROM you or FROM the provider?
4. Does it happen only on certain calls, or when specific conditions are
met, or is it EVERY time there is a call running.

Those will help me to even begin to help you. Posting a sanitized section of
the CLI output and/or from your log(s) during this problem would also be
MORE than helpful, it would also get you a better chance at a response.

Cheers,
Sherwood McGowan
That guy...you know, the one who is a VOIP Engineer but has a mohawk and
tattoos.... LOL